Complaints Handling Training – Level 1 Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Health & Social Care Providers – Skills for Health Aligned ELearning
Welcome to our online complaints handling training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online complaints handling training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your complaints handling training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this complaint handling training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding complaints handling
- To provide essential online learning resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
- Be able to know and explain the main models for complaints handling
What is covered in this online complaints handling course?
This complaints handling e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of complaints handling
- Why it is important to handle complaints effectively
- Defining a complaint
- Understanding why people complain
- Identifying a complaint as a gift
- Why it is important to understand customer needs when they complain
- Steps for handling customer complaints
- Understanding customer characteristics
- How to handle patient/service user complaints
- Key steps to handling complaints successfully
- Why it is important to understand what your customers/service users really think
- Strategies for service recovery (following a complaint)
- Some important statistics relating to healthcare and social care complaints
- How to handle difficult customers
- How to handle patient/service user feedback
- What happens if the complainant is unhappy?
- How to make a complaint (NHS services)
- How to complain about adult social care services
Who is the online complaints handling course for?
This complaints handling e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online complaints handling courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These complaints handling training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this complaint handling e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our complaints handling training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this complaints handling e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online complaint handling training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your complaints handling e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your complaints handling online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
Why is complaints handling training important?
Staff should be aware that complaints are a top priority issue in your business; anyone who deals with them must have sufficient authority to resolve them completely.
Complaint handling training teaches the process and methodology needed to create an effective customer complaint handling procedure to improve customer care, satisfaction and complaint resolution rates. Although no one likes being criticised, customer complaints provide an opportunity to identify and rectify specific problems in your business. They can also help you to develop your relationship with your customer by allowing you to demonstrate that you value their trade by taking their concerns seriously.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online complaints handling course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice