Employee Termination Processes – Online Training Course – Understand the Process of Termination of Employment
Having to fire an employee is never an easy task. Sometimes, despite attempts of open communication and encouraging performance, an employee will need to be terminated from the company. One of the hardest aspects of preparing to fire an employee is to separate the emotions from the facts. Firing an employee should always be a last resort, so it is important that the manager has covered all other avenues possible before moving forward.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smart phones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Employee Termination Process Course Aims
With our employee termination e-learning course, participants will begin to see how important it is to develop a core set of skills when they find themselves in a situation where they have to let an employee go.
Employee Termination Process Course Objectives
The objectives of this employee termination online course are to:
- Create employee performance plans
- Identify employees who should be terminated
- Establish effective termination meetings
- Know the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of firing an employee
- Be able to conduct exit interviews
What is Covered in this Employee Termination Process Course?
This online employee termination course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) Before Firing
Module Three: Employees Who Should Be Terminated (I)
Module Four: Employees Who Should Be Terminated (II)
Module Five: Things to Consider When Setting Up the Termination Meeting
Module Six: The Correct Way to Fire an Employee (I)
|Module Seven: The Correct Way to Fire an Employee (II)
Module Eight: Employment Termination Checklist
Module Nine: The Don’ts of Firing an Employee (I)
Module Ten: The Don’ts of Firing an Employee (II)
Module Eleven: Conduct Effective Exit Interviews
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is termination of employment?
“Termination of employment is an employee’s departure from a job. Termination may be voluntary on the employee’s part, or it may be at the hands of the employer, often in the form of dismissal or a layoff”
When it becomes necessary to dismiss an employee, it is important for the employer to:
- Be informed about and comply with legislation
- Treat the employee fairly and act in good faith
- Handle the termination process in a professional way that preserves the employee’s dignity.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.