Fire Safety in health and care Training – Level 1 Online CPD Training Course – Fire Safety Awareness Training – Skills for Health CSTF Aligned E-Learning Course
Welcome to our online fire safety training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online fire safety training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your fire safety in health and care training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is covered in this online fire safety in health and care training course?
This online fire safety training course covers the following:
- An introduction to fire safety
- Why fire safety awareness is important for all employees
- An understanding of what fire is and its key elements (the ‘fire triangle’)
- Common workplace fire hazards including:
- Smoking hazards
- Flammable liquids, gases and chemical hazards
- Medical oxygen hazards
- Electrical equipment hazards
- Hazards relating to clutter within the work environment
- Hazards relating to escape routes
- Fire risk assessment in the workplace
- Significant findings relating to fire risk assessments
- Protective measures to minimise the risk of fires in the workplace
- An understanding of fire extinguishers
- Actions to take on discovering a fire
- Actions to take on hearing the fire alarm
- Key things to remember about fire safety
Who is the online fire safety e-learning course for?
This fire safety e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online fire safety courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These fire safety training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
What are the aims of this online fire safety course?
The aims of this fire safety course are to:
- To inform learners about the typical fire hazards within work environments
- To provide a clear understanding of the legislation regarding fire safety awareness
- Be able to apply these principles in practice to keep yourself and others safe
- To provide essential fire safety training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What are the objectives of this fire safety in health and care online courses?
The objectives of this online fire safety training course are to:
- Provide essential training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional e-learning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- A FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
To complete this fire safety e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our fire safety training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this fire safety e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online fire safety training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your fire safety e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your fire safety online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
What is fire safety?
Fire safety is the set of practices intended to reduce the destruction caused by fire. Fire safety measures include those that are intended to prevent ignition of an uncontrolled fire and those that are used to limit the development and effects of a fire after it starts.
Statistics reveal that inhalation of smoke, gases, and vapors is responsible for the majority of fire deaths. Many new materials are much more toxic than traditional materials. … The main danger from smoke is reduced visibility, while the adverse effect on body functions is the concern with gases and vapors.
Top Tips for Fire Safety
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. …
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL FOR HELP.
Employer responsibilities regarding fire safety in health and care industry
Fire is the probably the biggest risk threat to life that most people face at work, with around 50 people being killed and over 2000 seriously injured every year. In order to minimise the risk of fire in the workplace, it is vital that everyone is aware of the common causes of fire and the appropriate actions to take in the event of a fire, including how to escape safely from the scene.
Employers are legally required by Fire Safety Regulations (The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) to provide information, instruction and training to employees about fire precautions in the workplace.
This course is targeted at businesses needing to train their staff in fire safety procedures. However, it is also applicable to anyone who wishes to learn how to prevent fire in the workplace and deal with it effectively should it occur.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online fire safety course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice
Fire Safety Training – Level 1 Online CPD Training Course – Fire Safety Awareness Training – Skills for Health CSTF Aligned E-Learning Course