Informed Consent Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Training Course – Valid Informed Consent In Healthcare Training – Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned ELearning Course
Welcome to our online informed consent training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online informed consent training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your informed consent in healthcare training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this informed consent training course are to:
- To inform learners on the key factors to consider when obtaining consent
- To provide a clear understanding of the legislation regarding consent in health and social care environments
- Be able to know and apply the main forms of consent in routine practice
- Understand the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- An awareness of mental capacity assessment and deprivation of liberty safeguards
- To provide essential consent training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online informed consent course?
This informed consent e-learning course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles for consenting to treatments or procedures
- What the law says about consent
- Definition of informed consent
- How to respond to patient requests and questions
- Other factors to consider when obtaining consent
- Definition of voluntary consent
- Understanding the key principles of adult competence
- Refusal of treatment
- How capacity is assessed
- What to do if a patient or service user lacks capacity
- What support is available for people who lack the capacity to consent
- How to support people who lack capacity in practice
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Key provisions to protect vulnerable adults when obtaining consent
- Court referrals for adults who lack the capacity
- Definition of advance decisions
- Issues around children and consent
- Understanding parental responsibilities
- Complex situations in relation to consent
- Definition of delegated consent
- The main forms of consent
- Consent forms that are used in healthcare environments
- Key points to remember about the consent process
- Where to find further information on consent (online learning resources)
Who is the online informed consent course for?
This informed consent e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online informed consent courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These informed consent training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
The content of this online conflict resolution training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your informed consent e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your informed consent online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within 24 hours of purchase
To complete this informed consent e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our online informed consent training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
What is informed consent?
Informed consent is a process for getting permission before conducting a healthcare intervention on a person, or for disclosing personal information. A health care provider may ask a patient to consent to receive therapy before providing it, or a clinical researcher may ask a research participant before enrolling that person into a clinical trial. Informed consent is collected according to guidelines from the fields of medical ethics and research ethics.
Informed consent can be said to have been given based upon a clear appreciation and understanding of the facts, implications, and consequences of an action. Adequate informed consent is rooted in respecting a person’s dignity. To give informed consent, the individual concerned must have adequate reasoning faculties and be in possession of all relevant facts. Impairments to reasoning and judgment that may prevent informed consent include basic intellectual or emotional immaturity, high levels of stress such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or severe intellectual disability, severe mental disorder, intoxication, severe sleep deprivation, Alzheimer’s disease, or being in a coma.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online informed consent course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice