Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers – 26 Online Training Courses – CPD Accredited E-Learning Courses.
Welcome to Octrac Consulting’s online mandatory training for care staff and care workers. These online statutory and mandatory training courses developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Who are the mandatory training care staff and care workers course for?
This online package should be completed by all health and social care support workers working in CQC regulated environments, including:
- Domiciliary Care Workers,
- Home Care Workers,
- Care Assistants,
- Support Workers,
- Adult Social Care Workers,
- Residential Home Staff,
- Nursing Home Staff, and
This online package has been designed for new and experienced residential and nursing home care workers alike to meet the Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulatory requirements care staff and care workers across the UK.
Why is this course important?
This Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers e-learning package covers all the legislative and regulatory requirements for care workers to work safely and efficiently, as well as minimising litigation.
Are you looking to buy multiple licenses for your team?
We offer very competitive volume discounts for users looking to enroll multiple candidates on to any of our online health and social care training courses and qualifications.
Course aims and objectives of mandatory training for care staff and care workers
This e-learning package helps care home and domiciliary care staff to meet the UK statutory requirements. We are committed to keeping up to date with changes in relevant UK legislation, national directives and requirements on a mandatory training program to ensure that it reflects changing legal, risk and service needs.
To that end, our Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers modules are guided by the following:
- Standards set by Skills for Care, Health Education England and the UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF),
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidance for health and social care support workers, and
- National guidance issued for locum care agencies and care recruitment agencies.
*Each of these online Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers modules provides essential and adequate detail as suggested by UK regulators, including the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF) sets out 11 statutory and mandatory training topics for all staff working in health and social care settings. The CSTF includes nationally agreed learning outcomes and training delivery standards across all healthcare and social care settings.
The Octrac Consulting have worked with a range of subject matter experts to develop high quality, statutory and mandatory e-learning training sessions, which address all the knowledge outcomes at level 1 and 2 and at level 3, where appropriate for e-learning.
These statutory and mandatory training course sessions are suitable for all health and social care staff working across the various Care Quality Commission (CQC) regulated organisations, including NHS and private hospitals, mental health, care homes, and domiciliary care providers.
It is the responsibility of individual health and social care employer organisations to ensure that their workforce completes the appropriate training to comply with their statutory and mandatory requirements. It is also an employer’s responsibility to determine the best mode of delivering the training, whether that is face-to-face, e-learning or a blended approach. The CSTF provides further guidance on this.
This Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers e-learning package meets the requirements of CQC regulated health and social care organisations.
Our Mandatory Training for Care Staff and Care Workers e-learning package covers the following training modules:
- Code of Professional Conduct (following CQC and Skills for Care requirements),
- Key Legislation and National Guidelines,
- Understanding your Role and Responsibilities,
- Criminal Convictions,
- Fitness to Practice,
- CSTF Health and Safety and Welfare, including:
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR),
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations,
- Display Screen Equipment,
- Risk Assessment,
- Waste Management.
- Bullying and Harassment,
- Stress Management.
- CSTF Information Governance CSTF, including:
- Caldicott Principles,
- Information Security,
- Data Protection,
- Record Management,
- Counter Fraud.
- Care Planning and Record-Keeping,
- CSTF Conflict Resolution CSTF, including:
- Effective Communication,
- Handling Violence and Aggression,
- Managing Risk, Minimising Restraint,
- Lone Workers.
- Complaints Handling,
- CSTF Equality, Diversity, and Human Rights,
- CSTF Safeguarding Adults Levels 1 & 2,
- CSTF Safeguarding Children Levels 1 & 2,
- Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS),
- Mental Health Act,
- Mental Health Awareness,
- Learning Disability Awareness,
- Dementia Awareness,
- CSTF Infection Prevention and Control LevelS 1 & 2, including:
- Blood Borne Viruses,
- Exposure Prone Procedures,
- Spillages and Body Fluids,
- Sharps Management,
- Clinical Waste Management.
- Food Safety Awareness Levels 1 & 2,
- CSTF Fire Safety Awareness,
- Manual Handling Objects Level 1,
- CSTF Moving and Handling of People Levels 1 & 2,
- CSTF Resuscitation – Basic Life Support (BLS) Levels 1 & 2, including:
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS),
- SBAR for Care Workers,
- First Response Awareness.
- Medication Management (Safe Handling of Medicines).
You will be provided with all the individual mandatory and statutory training modules listed above. You can, however, choose the statutory and mandatory training modules that are most suited to your specific care environment.
If you are an agency health/care worker or locum, please check with your locum or care recruitment agency regarding the specific mandatory care training modules that you require to meet their compliance requirements.