Multi-Sensory Impairment Awareness Course – Hearing Impairment & Deaf-Blindness Awareness E-Learning Course for Heath & Social Care Providers
Welcome to our online multi-sensory impairment awareness training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online multi-sensory impairment training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Multi-Sensory Impairment Course aims and objectives
On completion of this multi-sensory impairment awareness training course, you will:
- have an awareness of sensory loss
- be able to more effectively identify sensory impairment in people you are caring for or treating
- become aware of the full range of sensory impairments that may affect patients and service users
- be aware of the terminology used when describing sensory impairments
- become aware of some of the needs of individuals who have a sensory impairment
- explain why it is important to promote awareness of sensory loss for individuals
- be able to address sensory impairment issues in the workplace with greater confidence
- be more effective in communicating with those who have a sensory impairment
- have an awareness of the wider services available for people who have a sensory impairment
- explain how different agencies can provide opportunities to raise awareness
This online multi sensory impairment awareness training course aims to increase awareness of sensory impairment issues and assist carers and other health and social care professionals to make positive changes in their workplace.
What is covered in this online multi-sensory impairment course?
This multi-sensory impairment e-learning course covers the following:
- define sensory impairment/sensory loss (including deafness, blindness and deaf blindness)
- have awareness of the commonly used terminologies to describe sensory loss
- have awareness of the statistics relating to blindness, deafness and deaf blindness in the UK
- have aware of the some of the causes of sensory impairment
- be able to recognise sensory impairment
- have awareness of the impact of different sensory losses on the individual
- The use of effective communication tactics to improve our interaction with and care for those who have sensory impairments
- Tips on how to maximise communication with people who have sensory impairments (including practical communication)
- The importance of equipment training and environmental adjustment
- Alternative ways of accessing information relating to sensory impairment
- Helpful organisations, equipment, and websites, for those with a sensory impairment
- Further training opportunities that are available for carers and other health and social care workers
Who is the online multi-sensory impairment course for?
This multi-sensory impairment e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online multi-sensory impairment courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These multi-sensory impairment training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
Requirements for the multi-sensory impairment course
To complete this multi-sensory impairment e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our multi-sensory impairment training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this multi-sensory impairment e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online multi-sensory impairment training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your multi-sensory impairment e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your multi-sensory impairment training online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is sensory impairment?
Sensory impairment is when one of your senses e.g., sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste and spatial awareness, is no longer normal. For example, if you wear glasses, then you have a sight impairment or if you find it hard to hear or have a hearing aid then you have a hearing impairment.
Multi-sensory impairment in children
Children who have a multi sensory impairment (MSI) have both a vision and hearing loss. Their sensory loss may be present at birth or acquired later.
Some of these children also have medical, physical and cognitive disabilities. Multi-sensory impairment impacts on all areas of learning and children may need additional support to learn to communicate and develop socially.
Through working closely with the child or young person and family, the service can provide families and schools with information and strategies for development for example on functional use of vision and or hearing, development of communication, mobility, tactile skills and environmental adaptations.
What is a sensory disability?
A sensory disability refers to a disability of the senses (e.g. sight, hearing).
What is vision impairment
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online multi sensory impairment course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Multi-Sensory Impairment Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Course – Hearing Impairment & Deaf-Blindness Awareness E-Learning Course for Heath & Social Care Providers