Online Documentation and Record Keeping Course – Level 2 –
Welcome to our online documentation and record keeping course. Our online training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies
Course aims and objectives
- Explain why it is important to maintain good clinical/medical records
- Understand your responsibilities for maintaining good clinical records
- Explain what constitutes clinical records in practice
- Understand the legal requirements for record keeping
- For how long you should keep clinical records
- Understand how the Data Protection Act applies to your practice
What is covered in this online course?
- Why are health records important?
- What are health records?
- Adequate health records
- Who can have access to health records?
- Charging for access to health records
- What counts as health records?
- How long should health records be kept?
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- Data protection principles
- Data protection terminology
- The Data Protection act 1998 rights of data subjects
- Storage, security, and disposal of health records
- References and online learning resources
Who is this course for?
- Allied Healthcare Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Support Workers
- Medical Secretaries
- Personal Assistants
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS
For classroom training courses:
- Bring photo ID (e.g., passport, licence, EU card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
For online courses:
- Access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our online and classroom training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals