Resuscitation Adult CSTF – Level 2 – Online Training Course – Adult Basic Life Support CSTF.
Welcome to our online Resuscitation Adult (basic life support (BLS)) training course. Our online Resuscitation Adult (cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)) training courses are developed in line with the latest Resuscitation Council (UK) and meet the Skills for Health UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). These resuscitation e-learning courses meet current UK legislation, as well as the requirements set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your online Resuscitation Adult training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered, you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Who is this Resuscitation Adult course for?
This Resuscitation Adult e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services, including:
- NHS and private sector staff
- Locum doctors
- Allied Healthcare Professionals (AHPs)
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs)
- Healthcare & social care support workers
- Voluntary staff working in the NHS & private sector
- Nursing care home staff
- Care staff working in community settings
All healthcare and social care staff should complete our online Resuscitation Adult training courses. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These resuscitation training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
Course aims and objectives
The goals and objectives of this online Resuscitation Adult training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding basic life support
- Provide the learner with a full understanding of the current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidance for adult basic life support
- To inform learners how to give essential CPR to individuals
- To help learners understand the risks surrounding CPR
- To provide essential basic life support training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
Resuscitation learning outcomes
Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation learning outcomes are divided into three levels based on knowledge, skills and understanding. The appropriate level of training is dependent upon an individual’s role, work context and a local risk assessment. The levels given here are for the majority of staff who might need to be involved in delivering CPR. However, there are additional specialist levels of outcomes which need to be achieved for those who are expected to lead a resuscitation team, are resuscitation team members or teach resuscitation.
These specialist outcomes are not covered in this course. For further information about specialist outcomes, please see the Resuscitation Council (2015) Resuscitation Guidelines and the Quality Standards for Clinical Practice and Training. Where staff are exposed to and involved in the care of patients from a range of age groups, they should receive the appropriate type of resuscitation training.
Principal learning outcomes – Adult BLS level 1
The learner will:
- be able to recognise a cardiorespiratory arrest
- know how to summon immediate emergency help following local protocols
- be ready to start CPR using chest compressions
Principal learning outcomes – Adult BLS level 2
Adult Basic Life Support (Level 1 outcomes plus the following), The learner, will:
- understand current legislation and local resuscitation policies and procedures
- know how to recognise and respond to patients with clinical deterioration, escalating care following local policy
- be able to initiate an appropriate emergency response, which may include management of choking, and the use of the recovery position, all per current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- be able to initiate and maintain effective chest compressions following current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- be able to provide essential airway management, i.e. ensure an open airway
- be able to initiate and maintain sufficient lung ventilation per current Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines
- know how an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) can be operated safely and appropriately
- understand their role and responsibilities in responding to persons in emergencies
- understand their responsibilities in reporting and recording details of an emergency event accurately
- understand the importance of undertaking any resuscitation interventions within the limits of their capabilities and context of any previous training received
- know how they should apply the local Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Policy within the clinical setting.
Assessment and certification
At the end of this Resuscitation Adult e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online Resuscitation Adult training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your cardiopulmonary resuscitation e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your CPR online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within 24 hours of purchase
Access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our online and classroom training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Why is resuscitation training essential?
It is a common expectation that healthcare and social care staff will have sufficient knowledge and skills to be able to recognise and respond to signs of clinical deterioration. Where healthcare staff can anticipate, identify and respond to patient signs of clinical deterioration, they can prevent further decline that might otherwise culminate in cardio-respiratory arrest. Consequently, there has been a particular focus on promoting greater awareness and understanding of the needs and care of the deteriorating patient.
While the priority is on preventing clinical deterioration, some patients’ condition will progress to cardio-respiratory arrest and require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). Early and adequate resuscitation can save lives. Research in emergency care of collapsed people has led to significant advances in resuscitation techniques. Healthcare organisations must have a clearly defined resuscitation policy and ensure that they provide an effective resuscitation response and service.
As part of their duty to ensure safe and effective care, healthcare organisations must ensure that their workforce receives the appropriate training, including periodic updates, to maintain a level of resuscitation competence relevant to their role. The requirements stated are minimum standards and apply to the majority of the workforce in roles and settings where they might be required to provide initial CPR until the arrival of advanced life support expertise and support.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This online basic life support course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant person-hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice.