Resuscitation Training Level 3 – Immediate Life Support (ILS) – Online Training Course
Welcome to our resuscitation training level 3 online course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online resuscitation training level 3 courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Resuscitation Council (UK), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your Resuscitation (Immediate Life Support) – Level 3 course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your online resuscitation training level 3 course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
On completion of this level 3 resuscitation training course, you will:
- Early recognition of the deteriorating patient may prevent cardiac arrest
- Recognising warning symptoms and signs before cardiac arrest
- Know the airway, breathing or circulation problems that can cause cardiac arrest
- ABCDE approach to recognise and treat patients at risk of cardio-respiratory arrest
What is covered in this resuscitation training level 3 course?
This resuscitation training level 3 course covers the following:
- Causes and prevention of cardio-respiratory arrest
- Aims of basic life support
- Legal obligations
- DNACPR forms
- Chain of survival: Early
- Recognition and call
- Post resuscitation care
- Early recognition of the deteriorating patient
- National Early Warning Score (NEWS)
- The ABCDE to the deteriorating patient
- ABCDE approach – underlying principles
- ABCDE approach in practice
- Causes and recognition of airway obstruction
- Treatment of airway obstruction
- Mild choking
- Severe choking
- Treatment of choking
- Adult algorithm
- Paediatric algorithm
- Small child/baby algorithm
- Breathing problems
- Recognition and treatment of breathing problems
- Recognition and treatment of anaphylaxis
- Circulation problems
- Identification and treatment of circulation problems
- Acute coronary syndromes
- AVPU scale
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Treatment of disability
- Full examination
- Heat maintenance
- Privacy and dignity
Advanced life support (ALS) algorithm
- ALS algorithm (Resuscitation Council 2015)
- Confirming cardiac arrest
- Chest compressions
- Shockable rhythms (VT & VF)
- Automated external defibrilation (AED)
- AED algorithm
- AED safety considerations
- Non-shockable rhythms
- Manual defibrilation
- Considerations during CPR
- Reversible causes
- Tension pneumothorax
- Tamponade (cardiac)
- Thrombosis (pulmonary)
- Coronary thrombosis
- Airway and ventilation
- Immediate post-cardiac arrest treatment
- When to stop CPR
- CPR variations (adult and paediatric)
- Second survey
- Recovery position
- Resuscitation team roles
Who is the resuscitation training level 3 course for?
This resuscitation training level 3 course should be completed by those who work in healthcare and social care services, particularly patient-facing clinical roles.
To complete this level 3 immediate life support training course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Career path for Resuscitation (Immediate Life Support) – Level 3
Our resuscitation training level 3 course is suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this resuscitation training level 3 training course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that can be used to provide evidence for audit and compliance.
The content of this online level 3 resuscitation training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your resuscitation level 3 training course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your immediate life support training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is cardiopulmonary resuscitation?
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is an emergency procedure that combines chest compressions often with artificial ventilation in an effort to manually preserve intact brain function until further measures are taken to restore spontaneous blood circulation and breathing in a person who is in cardiac arrest. It is recommended in those who are unresponsive with no breathing or abnormal breathing, for example, agonal respirations.
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online resuscitation training level 3 course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes and Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice
Resuscitation Training Level 3 – Immediate Life Support – Online Training Course