Seeing and Taking Initiative – Online Training Course – Certificate in Taking Initiative – Career Development
Taking initiative is a crucial step in moving forward in our professional and personal lives. By showing initiative, it reflects us in a positive light to others as well as builds our own self-esteem. If we want something to happen, we need to make it happen. That is what initiative is all about. Take opportunities and run with them. Do not let excuses cause you to miss out on amazing opportunities. See what you want, believe what you want, and make it happen.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Taking Initiative Course Aims
With our “seeing and taking initiative” online course, participants will learn what initiative is, how to take it on, the advantages of it, and when to know one’s place. By enrolling for this e-learning course, participants will be taking the first step in making something positive happen for them! Now that is initiative!
Taking Initiative Course Objectives
The objectives of this seeing and taking initiative online course are to:
- Identify what initiative looks like
- Recognize when you can take steps outside the normal
- Build confidence for themselves
- Learn to find opportunities
- Learn good and bad aspects of initiative
- Balance initiative and restraint
What’s covered in this course?
This online seeing and taking initiative course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What is Initiative?
Module Three: Know Clients
Module Four: Recognize When You Can Step In
Module Five: Recognize When You Can Go Outside the Normal
Module Six: Weighing the Consequences
|Module Seven: Good or Bad
Module Eight: Confidence
Module Nine: Find Opportunities
Module Ten: Be Persistent
Module Eleven: Balance Initiative and Restraint
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is taking initiative?
Researchers Michael Frese and Doris Fay define initiative as “work behavior characterized by its self-starting nature, its proactive approach, and by being persistent in overcoming difficulties that arise in pursuit of a goal.”
When you show initiative, you do things without being told; you find out what you need to know; you keep going when things get tough; you spot and take advantage of opportunities that others pass by. You act, instead of reacting, at work.
Most of us have seen initiative in action. Maybe you’ve seen a young manager who fills her boss’s shoes when she’s sick and the rest of the team is unsure what to do; or perhaps you’ve seen a team member proposing a process improvement plan to the executive board.
Initiative has become increasingly important in today’s workplace. Organizations want employees who can think on their feet and take action without waiting for someone to tell them what to do. After all, this type of flexibility and courage is what pushes teams and organizations to innovate and to overcome competition.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email,