Tissue Viability – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Nurses, Healthcare & Social Care Support Workers – Skills for Care Aligned
Welcome to our online tissue viability course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online tissue viability training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your tissue viability level – 2 course
Follow the easy steps below to purchase and access your tissue viability course:
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this tissue viability course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation and guidelines regarding tissue viability and the prevention and management of pressure ulcers
- To provide essential tissue viability training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online tissue viability course?
This tissue viability e-learning course covers the following
- Introduction into tissue viability
- What is tissue viability
- What is a pressure ulcer?
- Structure of the skin
- Functions of the skin
- Symptoms of pressure ulcers
- How pressure ulcers develop
- Causes of pressure ulcers
- Factors that increase pressure ulcer risks
- Types of pressure
- Who is affected by pressure ulcers
- Diagnosing pressure ulcers
- Treatment of pressure ulcers
- Complications of pressure ulcers
- Preventing pressure ulcers
- Roles and responsibilities of the care team
- Further online training resources
Who is the online tissue viability course for?
This tissue viability e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online tissue viability courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These tissue viability courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this tissue viability e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our tissue viability courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this tissue viability e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online tissue viability course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your tissue viability e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your tissue viability online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase.
What is tissue viability?
There is no universally accepted standard definition of the role of tissue viability care. Generally, tissue Viability nursing is about preventing insults to the skin and underlying tissues and facilitating healing in wounds where a complication has prevented the normal healing process.
What’s the difference between pressure ulcers and tissue viability?
“Tissue viability is a growing speciality that primarily considers all aspects of skin and soft tissue wounds including acute surgical wounds, pressure ulcers and all forms of leg ulceration.” – (Tissue Viability Society 2009).
Pressure ulcers are an injury that breaks down the skin and underlying tissue. They are caused when an area of skin is placed under pressure. They are sometimes known as ‘bedsores’ or ‘pressure sores’.” – (with thanks to NHS Choices).
What is the Skills for Health’s UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF).
This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online tissue viability training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice
Tissue Viability Course – Level 2 – Online CPD Accredited Training Course for Nurses, Healthcare & Social Care Support Workers – Skills for Care Aligned