Verification Of Death Training for Nurses – Level 3 – Online CPD Training Course – Confirmation or Verification of Adult Death by Registered Nurses
Welcome to our online verification of death training course for nurses, healthcare and social care providers. Our online verification of death training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your verification of death training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
Course aims and objectives
The aims and objectives of this verification of death training course are to:
- To provide the learner with a clear understanding of the current UK legislation regarding verification of death by registered nurses
- Provide an awareness of the professional responsibilities relating to confirmation of death in hospital and community settings
- To provide essential verification of death training resources in an engaging and meaningful way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
What is covered in this online verification of death course?
This verification of death e-learning course covers the following:
- Introduction to verification of death
- Key definitions of the verification of death
- Professional and legal considerations
- Local policies and procedures
- Verification of expected death
- Verification of unexpected death
- Conditions unequivocally associated with death
- Procedure for verifying a death
- Clinical examination
- Care after death
- Documentation and record keeping
- Role of the coroner and procurator fiscal
- Reporting to the health and safety executive
- Bereavement support and advice
- Other learning resources
Who is the online verification of death course for?
This verification of death e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Community services
Our online verification of death courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These verification of death training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this verification of death e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our verification of death training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this verification of death e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online verification of death training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your verification of death e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your verification of death online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is verification of death?
Confirmation or verification of death is defined as deciding whether a person is actually deceased. Confirmation or verification of death can be undertaken by a registered nurse however you must check your employer’s policies to determine local agreements about the circumstances in which this can be done.
What is a death certificate?
The phrase death certificate can refer either to a document issued by a medical practitioner certifying the deceased state of a person or, popularly, to a document issued by a person such as a registrar of vital statistics that declares the date, location and cause of a person’s death as later entered in an official register of deaths.
Who can sign a death certificate?
Certification of death requires a registered medical practitioner.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online verification of death training course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice