Online Care Certificate Standard 15 Course – Infection Prevention and Control – Level 1
Welcome to our online care certificate standard 15 course – infection prevention and control. Our online training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
Infection prevention and control in the workplace aims to prevent pathogens from being passed from one person to another. The foundation of good infection control is to assume that everyone is potentially infectious.
Basic infection control procedures include hand washing and keeping the workplace clean. This comprehensive infection prevention and control e-learning course provide all health and social care workers with practical knowledge to effectively manage infections in the workplace.
Care Certificate Standard 15 Course Description
Course aims and objectives
- Provide essential training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional eLearning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
What is covered in this online course?
- Introduction to infection prevention and control
- What are healthcare associated infections?
- How big is the problem?
- Pathogens – Conditions for bacterial growth
- Chain of Infection
- Breaking the chain – Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste
- Management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry
- Cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps
- Effective hand hygiene
- Recommended hand hygiene
- Appropriate hand hygiene products – Personal health
Who is this care certificate standard 15 course for?
- Registered Nurses
- Allied Healthcare Professionals
- Healthcare Assistants
- Social Care Workers
For classroom training courses:
- Bring photo ID (e.g., passport, licence, EU card)
- Wear comfortable clothing
For online courses:
- Access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our online and classroom training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals