Civility in the Workplace – Online Training Course – Certificate in Workplace Civility – Civility & Respect in the Workplace
While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is that rudeness is an epidemic, costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line.
| Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Civility in the Workplace Course Aims
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this online training course introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behaviour, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed. The benefits of civility in the workplace are countless and will pay off immensely in every aspect of your job.
The objectives of this civility in the workplace online course are to:
- Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioral indicators.
- Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
- Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette.
- Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution.
- Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behavior.
- Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution.
- Understand the different elements of effective communication.
- Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
- Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
- Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace.
What is Covered in this Course?
This civility in the workplace e-learning course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Introduction
Module Three: Effective Work Etiquette
Module Four: Costs and Rewards
Module Five: Conflict Resolution
Module Six: Getting to the Cause
|Module Seven: Communication
Module Eight: Negotiation
Module Nine: Identifying Your Need
Module Ten: Writing a Civility Policy
Module Eleven: Implementing the Policy
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
What is Civility in the Workplace?
“Civility is a collection of positive behaviors that produce feelings of respect, dignity, and trust. Most people value civility. They want to treat one another how they themselves want to be treated.
But sometimes, things get in the way. External pressure — the pressure to produce results no matter what — can act like a bug in the operating system. Otherwise, civil people can “malfunction,” behaving in ways they never would otherwise; treating one another in ways that are dismissing, discounting, and demeaning”
Why Choose Our Online Training Courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.