Infection Prevention and Control Training – Level 2 – Online CPD Training Course – Guidance & Best Practice – Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned ELearning
Welcome to our online infection prevention and control training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online infection control & prevention training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your infection control training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is covered in this online infection prevention and control training course?
This online infection prevention and control training course cover the following:
- An introduction to infection prevention and control
- Why infection prevention and control is important
- Healthcare-associated infections (HAIs)
- The ‘chain of infection’ and how to ‘break the chain’
- Standard/universal precautions for infection prevention and control
- Safe and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Management and safe disposal of clinical waste
- Safe management of body fluid spillages
- Management of laundry in clinical environments
- Effective environmental cleaning and decontamination
- Safe use and disposal of sharps
- Management of sharps injuries
- Importance of practising effective hand hygiene
- The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) ‘Five Moments’ for hand hygiene
- Common barriers to effective hand hygiene in clinical environments
- Recommended hand hygiene techniques
- Appropriate hand hygiene products and facilities
- How the personal health and fitness of healthcare workers can be a risk to others
- Where to find additional information about infection prevention and control (online learning resources)
Who is the online infection prevention and control e-learning course for?
This infection prevention and control e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online infection prevention and control courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e-learning courses.
These infection control & prevention training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
What are the aims of this online infection prevention and control course?
The aims and objectives of this infection prevention and control course are to:
- Provide essential training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional e-learning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- A FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
Health care workers can take steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. These steps are part of infection control. Proper handwashing is the most effective way to prevent the spread of infections in hospitals. Standard precautions are a set of infection control practices used to prevent transmission of diseases that can be acquired by contact with blood, body fluids, non-intact skin (including rashes), and mucous membranes.
To complete this infection control e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our infection prevention and control training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this infection prevention and control e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online infection control training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your infection control e-learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards. Once you have purchased your infection prevention and control online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is infection control?
Infection control is the discipline concerned with preventing nosocomial or healthcare-associated infection, a practical (rather than academic) sub-discipline of epidemiology. It is an essential, though often under-recognised and under-supported, part of the infrastructure of health care.
Infection control in the workplace aims to prevent pathogens from being passed from one person to another. The foundation of good infection control is to assume that everyone is potentially infectious. Basic infection control procedures include hand washing and keeping the workplace clean and include standard precautions such as:
- hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- injection safety
- environmental cleaning
- respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette
- transmission-based precautions (e.g. contact, droplet, and airborne).
Hand washing is the most important procedure in the prevention and minimisation of the spread of infection within health care settings. Gloves are worn as a barrier to protect the wearer’s hands from contamination or to prevent the transfer of organisms already on the hands.
What are the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3, Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online fire safety course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- The UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- The highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e-learning
- Over 200 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on the latest guidance and best practice