Safeguarding Adults Training – Level 1 – Online CPD Accredited Course – Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults at Risk – Skills for Health UK CSTF Aligned
Welcome to our online safeguarding adults training course for healthcare and social care providers. Our online safeguarding adults training courses are developed in line with the latest UK legislation and meet the requirements set out by the National Health Service (NHS), Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF), the Care Quality Commission (CQC), Skills for Care, UK Health and Safety Executive and other professional and regulatory bodies.
How to access your safeguarding adults training course
- Pay for your courses (All major debit and credit cards accepted)
- Once you have registered you will receive your login details within a few minutes
- You will then be able to reset your password, log in and take your selected online course (s)
- On completion, you will be asked to complete an end of course assessment (minimum 80% to pass)
- You can immediately download, save or print your CPD Accredited Certificate
- Let us know what you think of your online course, leave us a review!
What is covered in this online safeguarding adults training course?
This online safeguarding vulnerable adults training course covers the following:
- An introduction to the key principles of safeguarding vulnerable adults
- Why safeguarding vulnerable adults is important
- An awareness of the relevant legislation in relation to safeguarding vulnerable adults
- An understanding of who is a vulnerable adult
- Why safeguarding vulnerable adults is everybody’s responsibility
- Why we need to promote dignity, rights and respect when delivering health care services to adults
- Impact of the healthcare environment on dignity and rights
- What we can do to help vulnerable people to keep themselves safe
- What we can do to support vulnerable people to exercise choice and control
- Definition of abuse (in relation to the protection of vulnerable adults)
- An awareness of the main categories of abuse
- Understanding who is at risk of abuse
- An awareness that abuse can occur anywhere
- An understanding of who can commit abuse
- Why it is important to be able to identify the signs of abuse
- Understanding why abuse happens
- Knowing what to do if you become aware of abuse
- Knowing things to avoid regarding abuse
- Knowing what to record, how report and share information about abuse
- Understanding what happens after a safeguarding referral
- Understanding that we have a duty to report wrongdoing under ‘whistle blowing’
- Understanding our individual responsibilities regarding abuse
- Where to find useful resources and information about safeguarding vulnerable adults (FREE online safeguarding learning resources)
The aims of this safeguarding adults course are to:
- To provide an understanding of the legislation regarding safeguarding adults
- To provide an awareness of individual and professional responsibilities to support vulnerable adults in a way that lets them make their own choices about their lives
- To prevent harm and reduce the risk of neglect or abuse to adults with living with care and support needs
- To raise awareness so that health and social care staff and professionals understand ways to identifying, responding and preventing abuse and neglect.
- To provide essential safeguarding vulnerable adults training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- To provide a FREE blended learning environment that is available to all individuals and businesses
*This mandatory safeguarding adults course provides adequate e-learning materials as recommended by UK health and social care regulators.
The objectives of this online safeguarding adults training course are to:
- Provide essential training resources in a meaningful and engaging way
- Additional e-learning materials that can be used as quick references during the courses and in the workplace
- End of course knowledge assessments that will generate a FREE CPD certificate
- FREE blended learning environment for individuals and organisations
Who is the online safeguarding adults course for?
This safeguarding adults e-learning course should be completed by those who work in health and social care services including:
- NHS medical, nursing, AHP and care staff
- Locum doctors and nurses
- Locum allied health professionals (AHPs)
- Agency nurses
- Agency workers
- Healthcare assistants
- Support workers
- Care assistants
- Nursery staff
- Teachers and teaching staff
- Community services
Our online safeguarding adults courses should be completed by all healthcare and social care staff. This includes voluntary staff and unpaid working in NHS and private hospitals. Locum doctors, locum allied health professionals, agency nurses and healthcare assistants can also complete these e learning courses.
These safeguarding adults training courses are also relevant for health and social care support workers, including those who work for nursing care homes, residential care homes and charities.
To complete this safeguarding adults e-learning course, you will need access to a computer device, e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone device
Our safeguarding adults training courses are suitable for:
- Those who are looking to improve their knowledge of the subject area
- Those whose jobs require periodic continuing professional development (CPD)
- Those who need to show evidence as part of their professional registration requirements, e.g., doctors, nurses and allied health professionals
Assessment and certification
At the end of this safeguarding adults e-learning course, learners will be required to complete an online assessment. On successful completion of the knowledge test (80% pass mark), learners will be able to download a FREE CPD certificate that is valid for one year.
The content of this online safeguarding adults training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Payment and additional information
After adding your safeguarding adults e learning course (s) to the shopping cart (by selecting Add to Cart), you will be able to make a secure payment using all major credit and debit cards.
Once you have purchased your safeguarding adults online training course (s), you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. You will then receive a link and login details to access your e-learning course (s) within a few minutes of purchase
What is safeguarding?
- Safeguarding is protecting vulnerable adults or children from abuse or neglect.
- It means making sure people are supported to get good access to health care and stay well.
- It is wrong if vulnerable people are not treated by professionals with the same respect as other patients. It is making sure that people are supported to have full and happy lives.
- It is making sure that people get safe and empowering care.
- Safeguarding should make sure that people get the support they need to make the most of their lives and get their full equal rights.
What is the Skills for Health’ UK ‘Core Skills Training Framework’ (CSTF)?
There is increasing recognition that there are wide variations in the quality and consistency of healthcare training provided across the UK. To minimise these challenges, LearnPac Systems works with various UK health and social care organisations to develop statutory and mandatory training courses in line with Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework (CSTF). This includes mandatory training courses in the Skills for Health’s UK Core Skills Training Framework – CSTF Statutory Mandatory Training Subject Guide Version 1.3 , Skills for Health Clinical Care UK Core Skills Training Framework Subject Guide April 2015 and other awareness courses for health and social care workers.
This online safeguarding adults course was developed in line with the CSTF learning outcomes.
Why choose our accredited e-learning courses?
The benefits of using our accredited e-learning courses in the workplace include:
- National Skills Academy for Health national delivery partner
- UK accredited e-learning provider
- An approved UK training centre
- Ofqual accredited qualifications
- Nationally recognised CPD certificates
- Free blended learning environment to support existing training
- Access your online training immediately
- Highly interactive e-learning portal
- Substantial cost reductions (no travel fees & other expenses)
- Embrace the benefits of eLearning for healthcare providers
- Significant man hour reductions
- Online training only takes as long as the learners needs
- Low carbon footprint through e learning
- Over 1000 online CPD courses
- Repository of online learning materials and assessment
- Fully qualified and experienced trainers, instructors and assessors
- Subject matter experts and content developers
- Convert your existing classroom courses to e-learning courses
- All training courses based on latest guidance and best practice