Social Media in the Workplace – Online Training Course – Certificate in Social Media in the Workplace – Short Course
We are being flooded with social media invitations and updates. Web-based communication icons like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn are dominating the way we interact with each other. People are feeling the need to be updated at all times. It has become a time-eater. And businesses are quickly becoming aware of the drain it can have on productivity. People love to share, but they need to know what is alright to share and what should not be sent out.
|Study method – Online, self-paced (4-6 study hours)
Course format – Online (24/7 access), modular
Course Duration – Part-time (1-year access)
Qualification – CPD certificate of completion
Course Delivery – via desktop PC/MAC, laptops, tablets or smartphones
Awarded Body – CPD Accreditation Service (UK)
Social Media in the Workplace Course Aims
Understanding social media is about communicating the right way. We are beginning to communicate more through electronic means than face to face. Talking on a phone has been replaced more and more with SMS (texting.) Social media channels are becoming the main form of communication and participants will realize how social media and the workplace can work together.
Social Media in the Workplace Course Objectives
The objectives of this social media and the workplace online course are to:
- Learn the meaning of social media
- Learn different ways social media is used and altered
- Build and maintain a social media policy
- Keeping your social media secure
- Establishing rules for the social media the company posts
- Discover the benefits and pitfalls of using social media
What is Covered in this Social Media in the Workplace course?
This online social media and the workplace course covers the following:
|Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: What is Social Media?
Module Three: Defining Your Social Media Policy (I)
Module Four: Defining Your Social Media Policy (II)
Module Five: Creating a Living Document
Module Six: Keeping an Eye on Security
|Module Seven: Rules to Follow When Posting (I)
Module Eight: Rules to Follow When Posting (II)
Module Nine: Benefits of Social media
Module Ten: The Pitfalls of Social Media
Module Eleven: Listen to Your Customers
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
In what ways can social media be helpful in the workplace?
Tweeting inappropriate memes. Instagramming lunches. Facebooking a few office selfies.
These are the events companies fear will flood their workplaces if they let employees use social media on the job. Unfortunately, for businesses that ban the use of social media in the workplace, it is likely your employees are using it regardless of your policy.
According to the Pew Research Center, 77 percent of workers reported they use social media while on the job. This data shows that while you may think your company is doing a good job curbing social media use in the workplace, it is likely not.
Employers should limit the time and energy they spend on stopping employees from using social media in the workplace. Instead, they need to focus on how they can channel social media use to benefit their employees.
Why choose our online training courses?
All our e-learning courses can be accessed on any electronic/computerised device.
- Study anywhere, in your own time and at your own pace!
- Easy to follow and understand
- Only 4-6 hours recommended study time
- 1-year access to course & learning materials
- Access your course anytime, anywhere & on any device
- Complete course on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- Additional references and downloadable materials available
- CPD accredited certification on completion
- The content of this online training course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
- All our online courses are accredited and internationally recognised (UK CPD Accreditation Service)
Are you responsible for organisational training and development or organisational statutory and mandatory compliance? You may want to find out more about how the Learning Management System (LMS) may help your organisation. With our interactive LMS, managers and administrators can easily:
- set up a FREE blended learning environment;
- upload essential documents;
- upload individual and group learners;
- manage learners, including tracking progress
- review who has completed training
- download/print training reports for compliance audits
You can also browse our full e-learning course catalogue or leadership and management courses and programs to find out more about our wide range of training courses and qualifications. Alternatively, contact our Support Team on 02476 100090 or via Email, stating your specific e-learning requirements.